This is a variation of the same mindless childhood game. Played on a blackjack-size table with a dealer shoe, Casino War is one of the easiest card games to play in the casino. Based on the childhood game of “war” or “battle,” there’s not much to it, but that’s the attraction of the game. Anybody who knows how to count can play it.
Casino War Rules
1. The game is played with up to six decks. Cards are ranked as in poker, except aces are always high. The suit does not matter.
2. After the players have made a wager each player and the dealer gets one card.
3. Each player’s card is compared to the dealer’s card. When the player’s card is higher the player wins even If the dealer’s card is higher the player loses.
4. When a tie happens, the player has two choices:
- surrender and forfeit half the bet or
- go to war.
If the player elects to go to war the player must raise the bet by an amount equal to the original wager. The dealer will do the same but this is just for show. The dealer then burns three cards and gives the player and dealer each another card each. When the player’s second card equals or beats the dealer’s, the player wins even money on the raise only and the original wager shall push. If the dealer’s second card is greater the player shall lose both bets.